Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Did you know?

That we at Rogue Vintage are global retailers?  We decided to open an Etsy shop in conjunction with our website a few months ago.  We thought that it would be a great avenue for us to reach a broader audience.  We love our local North Carolina shop-a-holics and vintage vixens but why not expand our market?  And how cool is it to see what the gals have already been wearing for winter in Australia!  See there, you just thought we sat around all day sipping mimosas and playing dress up.  Despite our recent slew of posts on cocktails and bar carts we do actually work.  A lot, really.

The better part of this holiday weekend was not spent at the beach or at a "White Party" but spent researching different apps which would create a visual pin board of our sales around the world.  Now anyone who knows me knows that I have visions of grandeur when it comes to my projects.  Things just sometimes fall a little short of my insanely high expectations.  I had hoped to find a map that would not only allow me to place pins on the location of sales but also photos of the items we had sold there.  I thought I had finally had it earlier today but no such luck.  I relented for the time being and just went with trusty old Google Maps.

It is always amazing to me to see where some of our goods find homes.  All of our really bold statement pieces tend to head out west to the Los Angeles area or up north to New York or Jersey.  Sometimes I will just stare at a piece and think, "What is wrong with people these people?  Are they blind?  This piece is FAB!"  And then I will continue to stare at that glorious dress hanging on our rack until one day I get the notification that it has sold!  As I pack it up I begin to visualize the hip new owner romping around Mayfair, perhaps, wearing our dress.  And off to London it goes.


View Sales in a larger map
View Sales in a larger map
View Sales in a larger map
View Sales in a larger map
View Sales in a larger map






United Kingdom                                                                  United Kingdom


                      Toronto                                                                     Potenza, Italy


Adelaide, South Australia                                                         Washington, DC



                       New York                                                                    Texas




I pledge to keep working on that map.  Could something as old school as a polaroid, push pins and a world map be the answer?  Time will tell but for now we hope you have enjoyed our sampling of what's happening around the world.

Till Next Time,
Tricia and Jennings

 

No comments:

Post a Comment