Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vintage Roots, IMO

Earlier this week Jennings did a post on the red carpet fashion from the Emmy's on Sunday.  Of course she featured my absolute favorite, Emilia Clarke.  Let me first say that she is GORG and if you  have not yet gotten hooked on Game of Thrones get on over to HBO and familiarize yourself.   It is a phenomenal show and she is magnetic.

Here she is looking lovely in Chanel Resort 2013 on Sunday night.





Photos courtesy of Andrew Morel

I knew I loved her dress the moment I saw it but it definitely rang as vaguely familiar.  I then thought of Audrey Hepburn.  That was it!  Sabrina!  So I started digging for pics and sure enough there it was.  




Now granted, there are obvious differences- Audrey's was strapless, had black embroidery and was a wedding dress designed by Givenchy, but there is a certain likeness.  I think someone over at Chanel might have seen Sabrina.-that's all I'm sayin'.  And of course, I love how the very best of the new always has roots in the old.


Till Next Time,
Tricia

























No comments:

Post a Comment