Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New York- Forever in My Heart





Some of the many reasons I love New York:
1.   Shopping on 5th Ave
2.   Pomegranate Margaritas
3.   Hot dog vendors on every corner
4.   Blackened cod at Nobu
5.   The most expensive guac on the planet- but I order every time
6.   Not having to drive or worry about directions
7.   Killer bagels
8.   Home of 2 and 5
9.   More good food
10. Affordable shopping
11. Affordable dogs
12. Fashion forecasting
13. Go to drop off
14. Worlds best window shopping
15. Yellowtail at Nobu
16. Fond Memories- Bryant Park, where I got engaged
17. Rockefeller Center (boosts Christmas spirit)
18. Yummy cupcakes
19. Lychee martinis
20. Smell goods on Bond St.
21. Shoe Salon at Barney's.  PERIOD
22. Pizza by the slice everywhere
23. Set for my all time favorite show
24. Sensory overload
25. Interesting rest rooms
26. Otto Tootsi Plohound in the day- crack for the shoe addict
27. Pretty Cupcakes
28. Bergdorf Christmas windows
29. Central Park- calm in the midst of madness
30. The Piers- a place of both passion and punishment

This morning as soon as my eyes opened I immediately thought of 9/11.  Then I started thinking of New York and all the great reasons why I love this wonderful city.  There are lots of memories there for me.  I have spent more time than I can calculate running the streets of this city.

It is where I deeply regret not moving when I had the opportunity nine years ago.  It is where my husband proposed to me, largely because I wisely didn't move there nine years ago.  We NEVER would have survived living together in his tiny apartment.  It was the size of my current closet!  I LOVE New York.  JD was there just last week on business.  He called to tell me he was trying to get on an earlier flight and my immediate response was, "WHY!?!".  I told him that we loved and missed him dearly but if I were in his shoes I would soak up every second and catch the last flight I could.

My favorites involve lots of food, drinks, and shopping.  That's what I like so that's what you get.  I mean, we in North Carolina, don't realize the fabulosity of having beer, wine and spirits all in one location.  Likewise, for McDonald's delivery.  It really is such a fantastic city with fantastic people. The cultural climate is completely unique.


Here are a few more of my all time favorite things about New York:


Henri Bendel- Always FAB windows.  Sheer merchandising and marketing genius


New York Fashion Week



The Met.  I could live here.


Have a great day , New York! I love you.

Till Next Time
Tricia 


*All photos from Google Images (completely lame but the best I could muster pre coffee binge)







No comments:

Post a Comment