Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Fun at Mike's Farm

Fall is officially here as evidenced by the abundance of pop-up pumpkin patches.  For the last couple of years I have heard about Mike's Farm in Beulaville and have wanted to check it out.  My little miss had a play date and my husband was spending the day on a yard project so I scooped up my big boy and took him for a good ole fashioned hayride.









 Now let's get on to the REAL reason people go to Mike's - the food.



The restaurant opened at 2:00.  Even though we were in line at 1:45, we still were not seated until 2:30.  The kids were beyond bored and restless but as my friend, Ryan, put it- he would have pinned his daughter on the sidewalk with his foot just to make it in there to eat.  I was in total agreement and would have gladly chained my son to the front porch.  I mean, I didn't just drive 68 miles for a mini pumpkin.




As a rule of thumb, any place that serves your sweet tea in a mason jar DOES NOT PLAY.


FAMILY STYLE
  • FRIED CHICKEN
  • ROAST PORK WITH GRAVY
  • MAC AND CHEESE (the best I've ever had)
  • CORN
  • GREEN BEANS
  • COUNTRY HAM BISCUITS
  • CHEESECAKE, BANANA PUDDING AND PUMPKIN DELIGHT


After lunch we tried to walk it off and took the kids to the petting zoo area.  Don't forget your quarters to feed the abundance of critters.  Although IMO, I don't think they care if they ever see another kernel of corn again.





The kind folks at Mike's have set up a bevy of photo ops.  Word to the wise- get em' early because the kids are O-V-E-R  I-T by the end.  We couldn't get a smile out of this one with a 40 lollipop bribe.


The line for the hayride when we left at 4:00


I will get back at Christmas for sure- they have tons of Christmas lights.  Packing a cooler will be a must.  Maybe even a tent.  Our waitress told us that last Christmas people waited over 7 hours just to eat there!  This Saturday they were estimating that they would serve around 800 for the day.  


On the way home I almost got to check out this Antiques store I have passed a gazillion times.  ALMOST.



The front doorway was as far as I made it.


My sidekick had pooped out three miles down the road from the farm.


But you know I found something on the tables out front!  Snagged a cool pair of book ends for 10 bucks.  Paid for them as I stood on the front porch watching my son snooze in the car.  You didn't really think I was going to another county and return without buying anything did you?  PuhLEEZ!


Good day with good friends.

Till Next Time,
Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment